WHAT IS ADSL?
ADSL is an asymmetric technology (abbreviation of “Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line”) , which satisfies the demands of majority of users and allows the data transmission using the existing telephone line.
The majority of users demanding internet access tend to obtain different in formations and ADSL through it’s asymmetric technology enabling as such the information received by the client to be bigger and faster than the send one. This technology is called asymmetric, because it transmits data of different band to download/downstream (toward thw user) and upload/upstream (toward the internet).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ADSL?
It is the best selection for high speed to information access . ADSL has enough access to process different application forms such as good quality of two directions video conferences, and thst is thanks to the fast way of data transmission through telephone line.
With ADSL, the client is always connected (online) and does not need to wait to be connected through Dial-Up to see the e-mail or to navigate in internet. With ADSL, the client does not need to wait for free signal or listen annoying sounds of modem, as only with a click of the mouse and shall be straight on line.
Easy for use
ADSL is simple for use. After the installation of modem by a specialist, it will be ready for the user, simply click on the icon of browser (the program for navigating in internet).
The fact itself that ADSL uses the telephone line, which is personal for every user, makes imposiible the interfering of other persons to the personal information of users, which is an important thing for every client. The exchanged information with ADSL is more safe.
The ADSL service offers the possibility for the use of service by some users at once. This favorites the clients such as the institutions, residencies, schools and enterprises which need access for some users.
How fast is ADSL compared to other connections?
If you have a 2 Mbps connection, then you can reach the a downloading speed of 35 times more than a normal dial-up connection, and 16 times more than ISDN one.
What is download/upload?
Download is the process of transferring the information from a web page or internet accessed server toward your computer (e.g. you make downloading when you access a web page, when downloading audio/video, when listening online radio etc). Whereas upload is the process of transferring the information on the reverse direction, from your computer toward web pages or different servers in internet.
How can I select the ADSL package as the most proper for me?
This depends on the activity you perform in internet. If you use the internet at home, mainly for navigation in internet and e-mail, you can select an ADSL package “Limited” which is cheaper. If your activity includes numerous audio/video downloading of high capacity, then you can consider the selection of “Unlimited” ADSL package. For more information please check the web page www.albtelecom.al for the provided packages.
What does the terms kilobytes, megabytes and gigabytes mean?
Kylobites (KB), Megabytes (MB) and Gigabytes (GB) are the measuring scales for the data volume.
The bigger the number of KB, MB and GB is, the more time take the download/upload process and that much will be spend from the quote/limit of your package.
The ratio between KB, MB and GB is as it follows:
KB = 1024 Bytes
MB = 1024 KB
GB = 1024 MB
For a more practical explanation of the above measures, a web page is nearly 10-50 KB, a song is nearly 3-5 MB, whereas a film is nearly 700 MB.
What can I do with 2 GB?
2 GB (Gigabyte) are equal to 2,048 MB (Megabyte) or with 2,097,152 KB (Kilobyte). You can navigate in internet with this capacity for the services given below:
200 hours or 12,000 pages navigation in net, because 1 hour navigation /60 pages are almost 10 MB.
- Exchanges of e-mails 12,000, because 60 e-mails are equal with 10 MB (of course the attachments must be accounted extra, according to their size)
- Chat Communication (online chatting) 200,000 hours, because 1 hour online chatting is 10 KB.
- 150 hours of online games, because 1 hour “online gaming” is almost 10-15 MB
- Pictures / download songs /upload 650, high resolutions pictures (5-6 mega pixel) and songs with 3 MB each of them.
- Listen radio on line 40 hours, because 1 hour listening radio on line (radio stream) is 50 MB.
- Video call 40 hours , because 1 hour listening radio online (radio stream) is 50 MB
- Watch video online (You Tube) 12 hours , because 1 hour watching video online (video stream) is 150 MB.
What can I do with 8 GB?
8 GB (Gigabyte) are equal with 8,192 MB (Megabyte) or with 8,388,608 KB (Kilobyte). You can navigate in internet with this capacity for the services given below:
- 800 hours or 48,000 pages navigation in net, because 1 hour navigation /60 pages are almost 10 MB.
- Exchanges of e-mail 48,000, because 60 e-mails are equal with 10 MB (of course the attachments must be accounted extra, according to their size)
- Chat Communication (online chatting) 800,000 hours , because 1 hour online chatting is 10 KB.
- 600 hours of online games, because 1 hour “online gaming” is almost 10-15 MB
- Pictures/download songs/upload 2,600, high resolutions pictures (5-6 mega pixel) and songs with 3 MB each of them.
- Listen radio on line 160 hours, because 1 hour listening radio on line (radio stream) is 50 MB.
- Video call 160 hours, because 1 hour listening radio online (radio stream) is 50 MB
Watch video online (You Tube) 50 hours, because 1 hour watching video online (video stream) is 150 MB.
How can I check the use of limit download/upload?
The use of your limit download/upload can be easily checked in the official website of Albtelecom www.albtelecom.al in the menu “Customer Care / ADSL limit control ”. For this you should provide in advance the appropriate password. For further information please contact us at 133.
What happens when I reach the limit of internet package?
You will be in able to access the internet with extra payment 0.30 ALL/MB:
- The subscribers of the package 1,199 ALL/month will be in able to use until 12,000 MB (11.72 GB), up to the max of the extra payment of 3,600 ALL.
- The subscribers of the package 2,399 ALL/month will be in able to use until 8,000 MB (7.81 GB), up to the max of the extra payment of 2,400 ALL.
You will be charged for the extra GB that you can use within the month in the monthly bill.
If you see that your net consumption is exceeded in significantly way , we recommend you to use the package 8 GB limit (if you are using the package 2 GB limit ) or the other packages without limit. For further information you can see the corresponding table in the section for the fees in website http://www.albtelecom.al/web/page_alb.aspx?id=666.
The difference between the ADSL limit package, ADSL unlimited and ADSL PRO
ADSL with limit package provide internet access with speed 2Mbps for the subscribers, but with internet traffic limit of the internet download/upload, respectively 2GB and 8 GB. The subscribers that have not a big consumption of the traffic in internet can use one of these packages , because even the payment for these packages is lower. ADSL unlimited packages provide internet access with speed 2 Mbps and 4 Mbps for the subscribers and comparing to the packages with limit , the subscriber has not limit of internet traffic and therefore there is extra monthly payment for exceeding the limit
ADSL PRO packages comparing to the other ADSL packages is offered for the small business and has as major advantage as follows :
- Internet access with high speed 4 Mbps, 8 Mbps and 12 Mbps
- Provide Internet connection via a public IP, which enables to the business to publish their official internet website, email service of the company (differently from yahoo, hotmail etc), remote control (with programs as PC Anywhere).
High performance and constancy of the communication etc