Frequently asked questions
- What does Roam like at home (RLAH) stand for?
All ALBtelecom Subscribers (prepaid and postpaid) who travel to one of the Western Balkan countries (Kosovo, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina) will be able to use the tariff plan's units and national packages without any additional charging.
- Is it true that starting from 1.7.2021 I will not pay any additional / extra roaming charges when I travel and use mobile roaming services in the countries of the Western Balkans (BP) region?
Yes. Communications enabled with the device / SIM card as a subscriber of the Republic of Albania (RoA) operator (phone calls, SMS, data / internet) when you are roaming in another BP country, will be charged as if you are using these services in Albania, according to the respective tariff package, i.e the minutes, SMS and gigabytes of data you consume while roaming in BP countries will be charged or deducted from the respective quantities / volumes of your respective tariff plan in Albania. Thus, additional roaming costs or tariffs in BP, compared to what you are charged in Albania, will be zero, starting from 1.7.2021. (Warning! These benefits are subject to some rules of fair use of roaming services in BP. See below for details).
- Which countries can I travel with zero tariffs (RLAH) for roaming at?
Starting from 1.7.2021, all subscribers of RoA mobile networks can automatically enjoy the benefit of the RLAH model or with zero roaming tariffs of all roaming mobile services when traveling to other BP countries: Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, and Serbia, subject to FUP.
For a better quality of service, below you can find the recommended operators to connect in each country:
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||BH Telecom|
- If I am roaming in a BP country, will the roaming fee be zero only for calls to Albania, or even for other calls to other BP countries?
Roaming tariffs in this case will be zero (tariffs apply according to the relevant tariff plan for national calls) as when you make a call to a mobile number in Albania and to a mobile number in another BP country.
- For which mobile services does the RLAH model / zero roaming tariff apply: calls, SMS or data (internet)?
In accordance with the RLAH model, all mobile subscribers will not have roaming tariffs applied for calls, SMS or data, and will be charged for all mobile services consumed while roaming in BP according to the respective tariffs / charging mechanism (PAYG / Money and postpaid packages, etc.) applied in Albania for mobile services, such as: outgoing calls, incoming calls (0 ALL), outgoing SMS (incoming SMS 0 ALL), and Internet (according to FUP).
- RLAH or additional zero roaming tariff will apply only in cases when I make a call (outgoing call) or when I receive a call (incoming call) while roaming in BP?
When roaming in BP, outgoing / incoming calls to / from all BP mobile operators will be charged as if you were in Albania: outgoing calls as national calls, while incoming calls at 0 ALL as in Albania. Exceptions are special cases of abuse or abnormal use of roaming services, in violation of the policies of fair use of roaming services in BP, according to the rules and guidelines approved by AKEP.
- Can I receive incoming roaming calls at BP if I am a prepaid mobile user and have spent all the valid credits in my account?
Yes, as the same mechanism is applied as in Albania, that incoming calls are free and you do not need credit as long as the SIM card is active, or limited to incoming calls.
- RLAH or without additional zero roaming tariffs from 1.7.2021 apply for users of prepaid and postpaid tariff plans?
Yes, the RLAH Model will be applicable from 1.7.2021 for all mobile subscribers, prepaid and postpaid, who use offers or not (hence PAYG), subscribers with active packages or not, ie who have remaining units of services or not.
- RLAH is applied automatically or do I have to make a selection / activation to the relevant mobile operator where I am a subscriber?
Based on the decisions of AKEP of 2019, the Regulation of FUP and the Instruction for RLAH / FUP of AKEP dated 9.6.2021, RLAH is automatically applied to all current and new mobile subscribers, including current subscribers who use tariffs / tariff pairs or offers roaming of mobile operators. You can choose an alternative roaming package / offer in BP, different from RLAH, only by giving the expressed consent to your mobile operator.
- Does the RLAH model include calls made from Albania to other BP countries?
No. Because in this case, you are not using roaming services, but international calls from Albania, and you are charged according to the respective tariffs of your operator for these calls.
- If I am roaming in BP, is there any difference whether I make or receive a phone from a mobile or landline number in BP?
Yes. The RLAH model includes zero extra roaming tariff only for mobile-mobile calls while roaming within BP, and not calls to / from fixed BP networks, including Albania. These calls are charged as normal roaming calls according to your operator tariffs.
- Does the RLAH model apply if you use Wi-Fi when traveling in the BP region?
No. When using Wi-Fi, you are not using roaming services on the visited mobile network.
- How do I use international minutes?
International minutes of plans / packages are valid for outgoing roaming calls only to Western Balkan countries (Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina).
- What does FUP stand for?
FUP (Fair Use Policy) means the application of a limit on tariff plan units that subscribers can use during their Roaming stay in the Western Balkan countries. The limit will be applied to the amount of internet that subscribers can use during their roaming stay. After reaching this limit, a reduced tariff will be applied for each unit of the tariff plan.
- RLAH or zero roaming tariffs from 1.7.2021 apply bith for users of prepaid and postpaid tariff plans?
Yes, the RLAH Model will be applicable from 1.7.2021 for all mobile subscribers, prepaid and postpaid, who use offers or not (hence PAYG), subscribers with active packages or not, i.e who have remaining units of services or not.
- How can I avoid charging per unit and have my expenses under control after the units of my tariff plan are over?
Prepaid and Postpaid ALBtelecom subscribers can activate one of the below packages:
|Packages||Roaming Kosovo||Roaming Bosnia and Herzegovina||Roaming Northern Macedonia||Roaming Montenegro||Roaming Serbia|
|Price||990 ALL||990 ALL||990 ALL||990 ALL||990 ALL|
|MBs of Internet||200||200||200||200||200|
|Validity||10 Days||10 Days||10 Days||10 Days||10 Days|
|Registration SMS text to 136||Kosove||Bosnjë Hercegovine||Maqedoni||Mal i Zi||Serbi|
- How can I get informed / further details?
Details on Roaming in the Western Balkans have been published on the official website of ALBteleciom, albtelecom.al.
Furthermore, you can contact our Customer Service at 123.
- Does RLAH with BP include cheaper roaming tariffs with EU?
No, but discussions on reducing roaming tariffs between the Western Balkans and the EU are under way.
For more information about roaming charges in the Western Balkans, call 123, or visit the nearest ALBtelecom shop in your area.